It’s ridiculous the things we will deny ourselves after having children. We’ll use the same tired purse for years, but we’re sure to buy Johnny his new backpack every year. Even when things obviously need to be replaced, we still ignore them. Well honey, this has got to stop! Take a look at this list to see what you’ve been neglecting to buy yourself.
- Bra’s – We’ve talked about the importance of wearing a bra that fits right on an earlier post. If you find yourself tugging it down, adjusting your girls into the cups, elastic or threads coming undone or wires poking through, it’s time for a new one.
- Underwear – Underwear are one of the most affordable luxuries yet we routinely deny ourselves the pleasure. Go out now and buy yourself a bunch of much-too-fancy knickers and do this every 3 months.
- Eyeshadow – Why do we hold on to eyeshadow for years? I’ll admit I’m guilty of this and I’m not sure why I do it. Eyeshadows have an expiration date and can be a breeding ground for bacteria. yuck. Throw them out and treat yourself to an eyeshadow shopping spree.
- Pajamas – Vintage mama’s should never look frumpy, even while we sleep. The vintage nightgown featured above is available through fabgabs on etsy.
- Pillow – It drives me crazy how both my mama and abuelita sleep on 3 flat pillows. Please buy yourself a big, dreamy pillow and don’t forget to use a silk pillow case.
What are other things that you neglect to buy yourself since you became a mama?