(Updated February 2016) I found a high school picture of myself recently. I love this photo for many reasons, but the one that jumps out at me are my legs. Oh, how I love my teen legs! Just the right amount of jiggle, minimal cellulite, no spider veins…
Perhaps they’re not worthy enough of a million dollar insurance policy like Betty Grable’s legs (which, by the way, was a publicity stunt), but not too shabby, huh?
Of course as a teen, you usually don’t have to work so hard at keeping your legs curvy and fab, but as a grown, glamorous woman, well, we need to work hard! So I’ve put together a how-to list to help us gals get some luscious legs that Betty herself would be proud to prance on!
Before we get started, let’s remember dolls that fabulous legs come in all sizes. Great legs can be thick, curvy, strong, short or jiggly. Take a look at these legs here. All very different, yet amazingly lovely!
Yes, it’s a word I just made up (perhaps I should trademark it?). Sounds more fun than exercise, wouldn’t you say? With betty-cise your skin gets rosy and glistens. And most likely you are wearing something adorable that you can move around in, and best of all, you look totally betty! So here are my betty-cise picks to get million dollar legs!
Or you could try to keep up with the aerobic superstars…just for giggles:
Skincare for Your Legs
- Smooth – Oh, how I love a good scrub! Luckily the skin on our legs is a bit thicker so it can withstand the abrasiveness of scrubs like this Espresso Sugar Scrub or this Pink Grapefruit & Himalayan Sea Salt Scrub . You can also try Japanese dry brushing instead (either before or after you shower and scrub) to get legs smooth and dewy.
- Hydrate – Million dollar legs deserve more than your average drugstore lotion. I’m partial to using virgin coconut oil or shea butter (I prefer this shea butter from Uganda because it’s softer and with little natural scent). If your looking for something with a little more oomph, try Body Merry’s Cellulite Cream or Shea Moisture’s Super Fruit Complex, both of which made my legs noticeably smoother.
- Glisten – Sometimes you just need that extra something that leaves your skin feeling like velvet and glistening like satin. Try this handmade Orange and Vanilla Whipped Body Souffle with a touch of shimmer.
- Massage – Used to minimizing the appearance of cellulite and for stimulating circulation to the legs. And it’s a massage…that’s always a good thing.
- Body Countering – Uses specialized machines to reduce the appearance of cellulite and also reshape your legs and derriere. Try Endermologie or Velasmooth, both of which are FDA approved.
- Spider and Varicose Vein Treatments – Thankfully there are many treatments options to get rid of these little buggers. Learn more about varicose and spider veins here and watch the video below to see a treatment in action. Not for the squeamish, but interesting nonetheless.
Other Tips and Tricks
- Compression Stockings – These are like regular stockings except compression stockings firmly and gently compress around the ankle to improve circulation. There are many lovely styles to choose, from knee high damask-printed to sexy thigh-high’s to these European stockings that are so sheer they look like fine hosiery instead of medical grade compression stockings.
- Classic Stockings – They make any legs look like a million dollars! Treat yourself to some nostalgic vintage style hosiery from Secrets In Lace.
- High Heels – The number one way to make your legs look incredible!